Workshop and Short-term Visitor Program
Western Economics is host to many Workshops throughout the academic year. Scholars from Western, as well as from universities and institutes across Canada and around the world, present their research findings to faculty, post-doctoral fellows and graduate students.
Listings may be viewed by Topics listed or by Calendar: 2018-2019 Calendar.
Western Economics invites 3-4 eminent scholars to visit campus each year for 3-5 days and speak to faculty and graduate students as part of its short-term visitor program. In 2017-18 Western Economics welcomes the following short-term visitors:
- Mark Roberts (Penn State University): Monday, October 30, 2017 and Tuesday, October 31, 2017 (Applied Economics/Econometrics)
- Richard Blundell (University College London): November 22, 23, 24, 2018 (Applied Econometrics)
- Robert A. Moffitt (John Hopkins University): March 21, 22, 23 2018 (Applied Economics/Econometrics)
- Yuliy Sannikov (Stanford Graduate School): March 28, 29 30, 2018 (Economic Theory)
Short-term visitors from 1995-2018 can be found here.
Western Economics hosts a Distinguished Lecture Series thanks to funding from the Office of the Dean, and features esteemed Economists from around the world who speak to faculty, post-doctoral fellows, graduate and undergraduate students, and the London community. We have welcomed:
- Robert A Moffitt, John Hopkins University
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require papers in plain text format, or if any other accommodation can make a workshop accessible to you.