Western Economics is host to many Workshops throughout the academic year. Scholars from Western, as well as from universities and institutes across Canada and around the world, present their research findings to faculty, post-doctoral fellows and graduate students.
Western Economics invites 3-4 eminent scholars to visit campus each year for 3-5 days and speak to faculty and graduate students as part of its short-term visitor program. In 2018-19 Western Economics welcomes the following short-term visitors:
- Gueorgui Kambourov (University of Toronto): November 12 - 16, 2018 (CHCP)
- Petra Todd (University of Pennsylvania): November 22 - 23, 2018 (CHCP)
- Arthur Lewbel (Boston College): March 27 - 29, 2019 (Applied Economics/Econometrics)
- Tilman Borgers (University of Michigan): April 11 - 12, 2019 (Theory)
- Francisco Buera (Washington State University - St. Louis): April 17 - 18, 2019 (Macro)
Short-term visitors from 1995-2018 can be found here.
Western Economics hosts a Distinguished Lecture Series thanks to funding from the Office of the Dean, and features esteemed Economists from around the world who speak to faculty, post-doctoral fellows, graduate and undergraduate students, and the London community. We have welcomed:
- Joel Mokyr, Northwestern University
- Robert A Moffitt, John Hopkins University
Western Economics hosts a variety of academic conferences:
Financial Econometrics and Risk Management Workshop and Conference
Delta Armories, London
April 25-26, 2019
Contact: Morgan Bender
Vist our past conferences page.
Please contact email@example.com if you require papers in plain text format, or if any other accommodation can make a workshop accessible to you.