Western Economics is host to many Workshops throughout the academic year. Scholars from Western, as well as from universities and institutes across Canada and around the world, present their research findings to faculty, post-doctoral fellows and graduate students.
Listings may be viewed by Topics listed or by Calendar: 2021-2022 Calendar
Western Economics invites eminent scholars to visit campus each year to speak to faculty and graduate students as part of its short-term visitor program. In 2019-20 Western Economics welcomes the following short-term visitors:
- Roberto Serrano (Brown University): September 5 - 6, 2019 (Economic Theory)
- Giovanni Gallipoli (University of British Columbia): December 4 - 6, 2019 (CHCP)
- Raymond Fisman (Boston University): March 19 - 20, 2020 (Economic Theory)
- Ricardo Lagos (New York University): April 14 - 15, 2020 (Macro)
- Hamish Low (University of Oxford): April 20 - 23, 2020 (CHCP)
- Ariel Pakes (Harvard University): May 4 - 5, 2020 (Applied Economics/Econometrics)
Short-term visitors from 1995-2019 can be found here.
Western Economics hosts a Distinguished Lecture Series thanks to funding from the Office of the Dean, and features esteemed Economists from around the world who speak to faculty, post-doctoral fellows, graduate and undergraduate students, and the London community. We will welcome/have welcomed:
- Shelly J. Lundberg (University of California, Santa Barbara): September 21-22, 2021
Presenting "Educational Gender Gaps" via Zoom
UM-MSU-UWO Labour Day Conference
Friday, October 15, 2021
Vist our past conferences page.
Please contact email@example.com if you require papers in plain text format, or if any other accommodation can make a workshop accessible to you.